Dr. Sheana Ahlqvist completed her masters and PhD-level training at New York University and Stony Brook University before relocating to Los Angeles in 2014. Great business intelligence requires two separate skills.
First, you have to gather data in the proper way given a host of concerns: humans are notoriously bad at introspection, researcher expectations may influence results, and different goals (e.g., speed vs. cost) require different approaches.
Second, you need the statistical expertise and business acumen to then analyze this data, make proper inferences, and turn it into actionable, business intelligence.
By leveraging both of these skills together, Dr. Ahlqvist is able to give you proper insights.
• 8 years experience with statistical analyses including basic group comparisons, linear regression, correlational analyses, non-parametric tests, logistic regression, bootstrapped mediation analyses, SEM, LASSO, time-series and longitudinal analyses, and cluster analyses.
• Experienced with statistical tools including SPSS (8 years) and SAS (3 years).
• Capable of collecting and analyzing data/feedback for business analysis, market research, product development, and consumer insights.
• Designed, developed, implemented, and analyzed data from survey, experimental, and longitudinal research.
• Utilized quantitative and qualitative methods relevant for market research and user research.
• Presented at academic conferences and Tech panels in Los Angeles and around the United States.
• Professor for university-level courses including Psychological Research Methods and Psychology of Prejudice. massa. Nulla eu pretium massa. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae. Nulla lectus ante, consequat et ex eget, feugiat tincidunt metus.
When I'm not knee-deep in data, I love cooking and have launched the Santa Monica Cookbook Club via Meetup.com. I'm currently working my way through Jonathon Gold's top 101 Restaurants in Los Angeles. I also love yoga, running, and hiking.